As our heroes return from Gloaming to Imperial Space, they find that 7 years have passed since their disappearance at Mara. The Periphery is being overwhelmed by Orks, who how have spaceworthy craft being launched from Kulth. Our heroes arrive just in time to save Captain X of Frigate His Divine Justice from an Ork fleet in the vicinity of Ganf Magna, earning his thanks and an opportunity to learn more of the situation.
After a quick stop planetside to address the immediate Ork problems our heroes leave for Scintilla. Brutus Aurelius is reunited with his wife, who has kept his operations going in his absence, never giving up hope that he remains alive. Learning that the Inquisition is torn by warring factions, and that Lord Inquisitor Caidin is unable to prevent the infighting and that the constant tradewars and political powerplays are reaching an unacceptable overt nature, Brutus calls his closest allies to discuss plans.
Inquisitor Silas Marr, Inquisitor Anton Zerbe and Inquisitor Van Vuygens are all pleased to see Brutus alive and well, and share his concerns as he relates the events from the Tesseract and ensuing showdown on Dusk.
There are many challenges facing our heroes if Calixis is to ba saved
- The Slaught are set to cast Calixis to ruin, and the Inquisition must be united and focused if it is to stop them
- The factional warfare must be brought under control
- The Inquisition needs strong leadership
- The Trade-wars and political meta-plays must be brought under control, and kept to its proper, covert level
- The Amaranthine Syndicate must be investigated and threat-evaluated. How deep is the Slaughts infiltration?