People and Places
The events of this campaign take place in the Calixis Sector in Segmentum Obscurus of the Imperium of Man. This is a large area of space, located far out towards the Halo Stars, a backwater and relatively lively part of the Imperium.
Other worlds and places outside our dimension have also been visited, and play an important part of the campaign.
The following are the branches of the Adeptus Terra with wich our Heroes have had dealings
- The Inquisition – The Secret Police of the Imperium, and the organisation to which our Heroes belong
- The Adeptus Mechanicus – The guardians of Technology in the 41st millennium
- The Adeptus Arbites – The guardians of the Lex Imperials, the laws of the Imperium
The following are the various heretical, secessionist and illegal organisations our Heroes have encountered
- The Logicians – Hereteks who will stop at no atrocity to further their own agenda for mankinds dominance through free technological advancement
- The Pilgrims of Hayte – Nihilistic Doomsday cult obsessed with the Haarlock Legacy and the Tyrant Star
- The Beast House – Smugglers of Xenos and slaves
- The Extended Truth -
- The Serrated Query – An ancient group of cut-throat black marketeers, willing to deal in any commodity as long as there is profit to be had. Some whisper that they’re in league with the Ruinous Powers. Their symbol resembles a hooked sickle, a question mark formed from a blade.
- The Broken Chains – Secessionist mutant heretics on Sepheris Secundus, manipulated by the Serrated Query.
The only good alien is a dead alien, and these are some of the Xenos creatures our Heroes have fought
- The Slaught – Worm-like brain-eaters
- Genestealers – Tyranid infiltration bioform
- Orks – The green menace
- Eldar – Mysterious space elves
Adventures, Endeavours and Missions
An overview of the actions of our Heroes, as they battle for Mankinds survival
- Inquisitorial collapse – Ordo Calixix in dissaray, the end of the sector is nigh
- The Slaught Invasion – With Haarlock away, the worms come out to play
Handouts and Clues
- Adventures in the Red Hells of Gloaming – We aren’t in Calixis no more
- Dead Stars – Haarlock is returning, unless our Heroes can stop him on Mara
- Tattered Fates – Our Heroes are kidnapped to Quaddis, where they battle for their own and that worlds survival
- Damned Cities – Murder and mayhem on Sinophia
- The reforging of the Periphery
- A Little Help from my friends – An investigation into tithe evasion on Malfi reveals Inquisitorial involvement, and sees the Acolytes responsible for Inquisitorcide
- Take Heed – The search for Dr. Laurentz takes the Acolytes to Heed
- The House of Dust And Ash
- A Hole where a Book should be – Our Heroes help Chief Librarian Nazianzus Grigorius return a lost library book, and discover (and kill) a nascent Alpha-grade Psyker in the process.
- A House Divided – Interrogator Sand wants you to investigate the death of Savant Skyle, an old friend and senior staff of Inquisitor Zerbe. The Inquisition routinely investigates deaths “in the family”, and have found nothing strange. Yet Sand has “a bad feeling about this”. It’s probably nothing, but…
- Baron Hopes – Zombie fun on Sepheris Secundus
- The Missing Scholar – Strophes ask for a personal favour, look into the disappearance of an old friend at the Scholam Magnopticon at Ambulon, Dr. Laurentz, whose unexplained disappearance is worrying.
- Shades of Twilight – A Dungeon Crawl on a Space Hulk
- Maggots in the Meat – Our Heroes are dispatched to investigate mysterious disappearances on Acreage, where they soundly defeat Slaught infiltrators, and Brutus gets himself married in the process
- Rejoice for you are true! – A new Emperor loving cult are being manipulated, and Psykers go missing on Sibellus. Our Acolyte track the culprits to Ambulon, where they deal with matters with extreme prejudice
- Illumination – Messy dealings with the Crow Father on Iocanthus
- The Edge of Darkness – Investigating the Logicians in the Coscarla Division on Sibellus